The year 2020 has been a strange one, I’m sure you’d agree. We’ve lived through daily updates, lockdowns, business as usual, social distancing, more lockdowns, tier restrictions and Christmas Bubbles.
Through all this though, we have seen a strength in both our staff and our customers to keep going despite the events of the year.
Join us as we look over the highlights of 2020:
So what happened during the course of the year?
1. Amber Valley Stone begin trading in January 2020. With a management team each with over 20 years’ experience, we have the skills needed to supply top quality reconstituted stone & precast for housebuilding projects, commercial projects and hard landscaping projects. A familiar face re-joins our team, Joe Wheatcroft as Head of Sales & Marketing.
2. In March, the news of the Covid-19 pandemic dominated world news, with social distancing and safety measures to be implemented without delay. Amber Valley Stone used this time to invest in our website and our business, with a new mixer, an updated telephone system and a new online brochure, which will be live in the new year.
3-4. Amber Valley Stone staff began working from home where possible. Dedicated Project Managers continue processing orders, answering queries and maintaining relationships throughout the lockdown.
5-6. As businesses reopened in May, all the social distancing and safety measures we’d implemented during lockdown allowed Amber Valley Stone to reopen our production facility, with teams back at work and fulfilling orders with lead times again at 4-6 weeks to help keep Britain building.
7. Investing in our facilities with a new precast mixer and batching plant means Amber Valley Stone continue producing quality products, speeding up production.
8. Use of our new telephone system eases internal communications while we all work from home, and allow customers and suppliers to contact the department they require, with shorter wait times and a better quality call experience.
9. As lockdown measures are further eased, all AVS teams return to work, producing our top quality reconstituted stone products with increased efficiency and greater production capacity.
10. Restriction measures increased again at the end of the 2020, however, with the lessons we have learned over the year, Amber Valley Stone have weathered the storm, our lead times remain 4-6 weeks for standard products and we now have a heightened sense of cleanliness and communal safety.
11. Many thanks for all our customers, suppliers and staff for all your hard work over the year. We look forward to continuing working with you in 2021!
The new year will see the rollout of our new online product catalogue, along with various other pages on our website. Don’t forget to keep checking back!
If you’re looking for experienced UK cast stone suppliers, get in touch with Amber Valley Stone today, and find out how our team of experts can assist with your project.